Christmas is just a few days away and you still have quite a few gifts to buy to finish your holiday shopping list. No need to panic – follow these seven tips for last-minute holiday shopping and you’ll find everything you need with time to spare!
1. Keep a list. Know who you still need to buy for, what you’re going to get them and how much you want to spend. Staying organized will save you a lot of time – no need to waste time browsing items in the store when you know exactly what you’re looking for! Also, having a price range will help you narrow down your options even more, as well as monitor your spending and stay within your budget.
2. Set a time limit. Giving yourself a certain amount of time to find a gift will keep you from shopping for yourself, and help get your holiday shopping done a lot faster. Use your phone to set a timer as you shop for each item. Remember, time is running out!
3. Look for sales. Just because you’re shopping last minute doesn’t mean you need to spend a crazy amount of money. Deals still exist! To save time, check for deals on the items on your list online before going to the store.
4. Give gift cards. Almost every retailer offers gift cards, which are a great way to allow your loved ones to choose their own gifts. Gift cards are a quick buy and the fact that you can choose a monetary amount will help you stay within your budget. To make gift cards a little more personal, research creative wrapping ideas!
5. Bake something up. Who doesn’t love baked goods during the holiday season? Bake something simple such as cookies or brownies and dress them up with festive wrap, ribbon, tins or plates. This gift can be made just days before Christmas!
6. Get creative and personal. Create personalized gift baskets with simple items found at drug stores such as nail polish and other manicure products for a female, body washes and colognes for a male, candy and popcorn for a couple, and so on. Drug stores offer lots of options all in one place!
7. Shop local. Shopping malls aren’t always around the corner from us, which means they require travel time. Also, they’re often overcrowded with long lines. Save time by purchasing gifts at local shops. They’re just around the corner, and they’re likely to be less crowded. Visit dotheshore.com for some gift ideas that you can purchase right here in Cape May County.