Beach Shack, Cape May’s foremost laid-back beachside hotel, presents the second annual Rusty Nail Doggie Pageant Sept. 13, 2014, 2:00-5:00 p.m., with celebrity judges – including Countess LuAnn De Lesseps! After receiving hundreds of entries on The Rusty Nail’s Facebook submission form, the final 10 have been selected through the Rusty Nail’s Facebook Page – www.facebook.com/rustynailnj. The event will be held Rusty Nail – 205 Beach Avenue, Cape May, NJ 08204.
Each of these four-legged finalists will walk the “doggie-pageant runway” for a chance at the title of “The Official Rusty Nail Dog Mascot 2015”. The winning pooch will have their photo on the official Rusty Nail Doggie Ale (beer for dogs), and their owners will take home a $250 Beach Shack/Rusty Nail gift certificate.
The Rusty Nail and Beach Shack are proud to announce that this year’s event will be hosted by Jorge Bendersky , celebrity dog groomer and pet stylist, author of best-selling novel “DIY Dog Grooming: from puppy cuts to best in show, everything you need to know”. For a $25 donation to Animal Outreach of Cape May County, Mr. Bendersky will glam your pup up with one of his popular glitter tattoos or famous “pawdicures”.
Dog Finalists in pageant will be judged on:
• Best Style/Mommy(Daddy) and Me – Let’s see your pooch “work-it” down the runway – Do you and your dog have similar style? Costumes encouraged!
• Tricks – for treats and lots of laughs and applause
• Musical Chairs – Can your pup sit on demand? Don’t be the last one out!
• Beer Chugging Contest – doggy beer, non-alcoholic of course!
Open to the public with a suggested donation of $25 to Animal Outreach of Cape May County.
The VIP judging panel includes:
• Countess LuAnn de Lesseps , television personality, model, author, and singer (@CountessLuAnn)
• Kristin Detterline , Editor in Chief of Philadelphia Style Magazine (@PhilaStyleKM)
• Katie Kane and Aaron Baker, proud parents of last year’s pageant winner Lexi
• Jorge Bendersky , celebrity dog groomer and pet stylist (@JorgeBendersky)
• Pageant starts at 3:00 p.m.
• Glitter Tattoos and Pawdicures: 2:00-3:00 p.m.