The 55th annual Boardwalk Art Show will be held Friday, Aug. 4 through Sunday, Aug. 6 on the boardwalk between Eighth Street and 13th Street. The celebration of the arts will include a newer event – the Art of Surfing Festival – Thursday, Aug. 3 to Saturday, Aug. 5 at the Ocean City Music Pier.
The Boardwalk Art Show features oil, watercolor and acrylic paintings, photography, prints and drawings on display and for sale. This year, for the first time in the history of the show, handmade jewelry will be featured as well. Show hours are 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday.
For Ocean City visitors, this is an opportunity to view and purchase great artwork at a reasonable cost.
Awards will be presented as follows:
• Permanent Collection Award: The Ocean City Arts Center purchases a piece of art for its collection
• Best of Show: Fine art and photography – $500
• Best of Jewelry: $500
• Aubrey W. Dutton Memorial Award for an Ocean City-Themed Watercolor: $200
• Second Place Overall: $350
• Third Place Overall: $250
• Three Honorable Mentions: $100 each.
For further information, call the Ocean City Arts Center at (609) 399-7628 or visit www.oceancityartscenter.org.
The Art of Surfing Festival features the display and sale of surf-related art, memorabilia, books and clothing. The event includes live music and meet-the-artist sessions. Admission is free to the show 5 to 10 p.m. Thursday and noon to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
For more information, visit www.facebook.com/artofsurfingfestival.