Located overlooking the beach at the Montreal Beach Resort in Cape May and named after hotel founder and patriarch, Harry Hirsch, Harry’s Ocean Bar & Grille invites you to enjoy our exciting new restaurant and bar design, along with newly curated food and spirit offerings.
New features include the largest indoor/outdoor bar of any Cape May hotel on the beach, and a freshly redesigned panoramic ocean patio. The Hirsch family, who is celebrating this Cape May beachfront hotel’s 50th birthday in 2016, employed one of the region’s top hospitality architecture firms – DAS Architects of Philadelphia, Pa. – to roll out a fully redesigned dining room and panoramic ocean bar at Harry’s.
Wall-to Wall Renovations
The extensive wall-to-wall renovation at the beachfront restaurant includes:
• A new indoor/outdoor bar area, with expanded seating for 30.
• Seamless flow from the inside to the outside patio – an exciting new feature for the Cape May restaurant scene.
• Al fresco dining thanks to expansive NanaWall® windows on both sides of the restaurant.
• An eye-catching exterior design to complement stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean.
• New lighting, color schemes and flooring, along with eclectic décor highlighted by area artifacts and historical photos, infuse Harry’s warm and inviting atmosphere.
• Reclaimed Douglas Fir tabletops, exposed Edison bulbs, rustic stained wood paneling, exposed brick, wood slat benches/banquets and more.
For those seeking a vibrant bar scene and entertainment, the upstairs deck/bar once again is hopping with the best views and live music in Cape May.
Newly Curated Food and Spirits
The new menu reveals seafood potpie, a lobster BLT and a Mussels menu with a choice of five different signature sauces, along with traditional, trademark favorites like Harry’s mouthwatering burgers, award-winning New England Clam Chowder, crab mac ‘n cheese and its signature Orange Crush made with fresh squeezed orange juice. Harry’s also features local craft beers, 14 draft beer selections and other fresh cocktails.
Harry’s first opened its doors in 1971 as the Montreal Restaurant and Cocktail Lounge. After several successful years, however, restaurant went through a number of changes. For years, it operated under different names, including The Promenade and Café Promenade. After some time, it developed an identity separate from that of the hotel.
In March of 2009, third-generation Jonathan Hirsch took over management of the restaurant, igniting spirited discussions about how to reinvigorate the F&B end of the business and brand it appropriately.
The Hirsch family decided to pay tribute to the resort’s founder – and Jonathan’s grandfather – the late Harry Hirsch. Together, they renamed the restaurant Harry’s. Rebranding and updates commenced with a fresh coat of paint to the restaurant’s walls, a revised menu and new signage and napkins with Harry’s face as a logo.
Harry’s Ocean Bar & Grille’s serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. With its all-new look, Harry’s continues to serve up amazing views, live entertainment and the laid-back vibe for which it is famous.
For more information and ongoing updates, visit Harry’s on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HarrysCapeMay. You can also visit their website at harryscapemay.com.
1025 Beach Ave., Cape May
(609) 88-HARRY, harryscapemay.com