“The U.S. Coast Guard – Heroes on Land and Sea” Youth Art Contest
Cape May County students are again invited to participate in a very special art contest to honor our friends, neighbors, and our very own hometown heroes, the U.S. Coast Guard. The Coast Guard Community Foundation is pleased to announce this art contest for students from Kindergarten to 8th grade. All entries will be on display at the Nature Center of Cape May’s Education Hall beginning April 15th during normal public hours. A special Kids Art How Open House and Award Ceremony will take place on Wednesday, May 1 from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., when awards will be presented. Entries will also be on display during the May 4 Festival. The Nature Center will be a trolley stop during the Festival.
The categories will be for students in Primary Grades:, Kindergarten through Second Grade and from Grades 3rd through 8th
NEW THIS YEAR, the primary grades will be required to present their work as a group project. This artwork must be bound together as a book and can illustrate a story or simply be a collection of artwork. The winning class will be awarded with a pizza party to be held at their school on a date to be determined. All books will be on display at the Nature Center for visitors to view along with the individual artwork of older students hung on the Center’s walls.
Qualifying submissions must:
- Be Two-dimensional artwork; any media is acceptable
- Conform to a maximum size: 11X14”
- On the back of the submission, include the class and teachers’ name or artists’ name, age, full mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- Be original artwork submitted in hard copy, care of:
Gretchen Whitman, Festival Art Contest Coordinator
C/O Nature Center of Cape May, 1600 Delaware Avenue
Cape May, NJ 08204
- Participants should direct any questions to: Gretchen Whitman, 609-427-3045 or email her at: Gretchen.email@example.com
- Note: Deadline to submit entries: April 10, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Contest Rules and Regulations
- All participants must be residents of Cape May County
- No entry fee is required
- By submitting an entry to this contest, the artist grants the Cape May County Coast Guard Community Foundation the rights to the work. This is necessary in order to display and publish the winning artwork.
- All entries must be original. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.
- Excessive violence, sex or religious extremism, determined by the judges, will result in disqualification.
- Entries may not have been previously published or entered in professional media.
- All entries are final; no revisions will be accepted.
- The decisions of the judges are entirely their own and final.
- The winners will be individually notified of the results by email and/or telephone and invited to the May 1st awards ceremony.