Cape May Point Beaches
At the very tip of Cape May’s peninsula is Cape May Point, the southernmost point of New Jersey. Here is where the Delaware Bay and Atlantic Ocean meet, and the home of the famed Cape May Lighthouse. “The Point” is a mellow stretch of sandy beaches that will make for a quiet, relaxing day of sun and surf.
2018 Beach Tag Fees
- Seasonal - $28 through May 31, $35 starting June 1
- Weekly - $25
- Daily - $10
- Active military and immediate family, and veterans - free
When Beach Tags Are Required
Mid-June through Labor Day, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., for ages 12 and up
Where to Purchase Beach Tags
- Cape May Point Municipal Building, 215 Lighthouse Ave., in the Beach Director’s Office (no holidays)
- By mail (seasonal tags only): Make checks payable to “Borough of CMP;” tags will be held at the Borough Building until your arrival
- On the beach from any beach tag inspector beginning mid-June
Lifeguards on Duty
10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Free street parking is available throughout the Borough
- Within walking distance of the beaches
- Cape May Point Municipal Building, 215 Lighthouse Ave.
- Cape May Point State Park